- I want to have a dog, but I don’t know if I can afford it.
- Is it possible to reduce the costs of having a pet without giving up quality of life?
Do these thoughts sound familiar?
If so, then this guide will help you dispel these doubts so a pet can fill your life with joy and love, without straining you financially.“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” - Benjamin Franklin Click To Tweet
To begin, let’s do a quick test!
Look at the following photos.
Did you smile involuntarily when looking at these pictures?
If the answer is yes, then, like us, you love animals. If you already have a pet, this reinforces the joy they bring to your life. However, if you do not yet have a furry friend by your side, this test highlights the positive impact a pet can have on your mood as well as on your overall life.
What is the main concern for current and aspiring dog owners?
If you are thinking that the answer to this question is in any way related to money and expenses, you are right.The cost of having a pet is often the main concern of dog owners and the most common barrier for those looking to become pet parents. Click To Tweet
Not being able to afford a pet’s food, care, and other necessities is the main reason why shelters are full of animals awaiting a forever home.
Plan out your dream
Financial planning, whether it regards a business or a family, is based on a few key concepts:
- Projects can be accomplished if a good plan is devised.
- Risks need to be identified and managed in order to achieve sustainable success.
- It is possible to maximize investments, i.e. reduce costs while improving quality.
Therefore, designing a strategy that manages risks and maximizes investments helps ensure continuous success, which in this case, would mean a fulfilling life for you and your pet. This is exactly what we aim to help you achieve.“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” - Pablo Picasso Click To Tweet
We will help you design a plan so that you can:
- Identify the necessary expenses with regards to responsible dog ownership.
- Foresee the expenses that you may encounter throughout your pet’s life.
- Implement cost reduction strategies that do not have a negative impact your or your pet’s quality of life.
In short, guided by the pillars of financial planning described earlier, we aim to help you create a plan to improve your life and that of your pet, while not focusing only on cost reductions, but also on making the most out of each dollar spent.
To do this, we will explore the main categories of expenses that you need to consider as you plan. They are as follows: